What Is Mephedrone?
4-methylmethcathinone (commonly known as Mephedrone) was listed as Class A controlled drugs in the First Schedule of the Misuse of Drugs Act on 15 November 2010
Also known as
- Mephedrone, Bubbles, mcat, Snow and Meow.
- Mephedrone is a stimulant drug derived from cathinone, which is a Class A controlled drug.
- Mephedrone is marketed as a substitute to ‘Ecstasy’ and amphetamines.
- Mephedrone abuse is known to cause cravings and dependence.
What Are The Effects of Mephedrone?
Effects and Dangers
What Are The Penalties of Possession or Consumption of Mephedrone?
- Up to 10 years’ imprisonment or $20,000 fine or both
- Up to 20 years’ imprisonment and 15 strokes of the cane
Illegal import or export
- Up to 30 years of imprisonment or imprisonment for life and 15 strokes of the cane