What Is Heroin?
Also known as
- White, Smack, Junk, Powder, Putih, Medicine, Ubat
- Heroin is a powerful and very addictive drug that comes in granular, powder or solution form. Heroin No. 4 is white in colour while Heroin No. 3 is more yellowish.
- Heroin abusers feel dull and tired very easily. They cannot work properly as they are not able to concentrate.
- “Chasing the Dragon”, a common method of abuse used by Heroin abusers here, involves heating the Heroin powder and sniffing the fumes through a rolled note.
What Are The Effects of Heroin?
Effects and Dangers
- Lowered heart rate and respiration
- Damage to lungs, kidneys and liver
- Dull feeling and tiredness
- Difficulty in concentrating
- Insomnia (difficulty in sleeping)
- Watery eyes and runny nose
- Irritable and jittery feelings
- Tremors and bodily cramps
- Chills and sweating
- Diarrhoea and vomiting
What Are The Penalties of Possession or Consumption of Heroin?
Possession or consumption of Heroin
- Up to 10 years of imprisonment or S$20,000 fine or BOTH
Illegal traffic, import or export of Heroin of more than 15 grams’: