What Is Lysergide (LSD)?
Also known as
- Acid, Trips, Blotters, Tabs, Stamp, Black Sesame, Seed, Micro, Micro Dot.
- Lysergide (LSD) is a hallucinogen. It is often sold on blotting paper, which is usually imprinted with a colourful cartoon or design. Although abusers generally take it orally, the tabs of blotting paper are also placed on skin areas that readily absorb the drug into the bloodstream, for example, under the eyelid.
- When ingested, LSD takes effect within 30 minutes.
- Its effects are strongest after 3 to 5 hours and can last up to 12 hours. Bad ‘trips’ can trigger severe panics, paranoia and confusion. After a ‘trip’, the abuser may feel depressed.
What Are The Effects of Lysergide (LSD)?
Effects and Dangers
- Increased heart rate, breathing and body temperature
- Distorted sight, hearing, smell, touch and taste
- Loss of control of thoughts
- Severe panic, paranoia, confusion and hallucinations
What Are The Penalties of Possession or Consumption of Lysergide (LSD)?
Possession or consumption of LSD:
- Up to 10 years of imprisonment or S$20,000 fine or BOTH
Illegal traffic of LSD:
- Up to 20 years of imprisonment and 15 strokes of the cane
Illegal import or export of LSD:
- Up to 30 years of imprisonment or imprisonment for life and 15 strokes of the cane